6.29.2009

Thank you, Ben


And she’s back. 

I know it has been a while since my last post – over a month to be a little more precise. A lot has happened in the meantime, including quitting my internship at Heeb to become a personal assistant to a boss-from-hell, only to quit that job exactly four weeks later.  

An old boss (from my college internship at Bleak House Books) also contacted me while he was in the city. Not only is he a great friend, but he is also a great person to know in publishing. First, he invited me to an industry party where I was able to network and meet many interesting people who work in publishing.  Then, he brought me to BEA where I had the oppotunity to meet even more people, including authors like James Patterson and Nicholas Sparks (see above picture).  Seriously Ben, I can’t thank you enough.

The good news? I ended up landing a job as an assistant to one of the authors I met!  Not only does my new boss write, but he also runs a company that helps aspiring writers get literary agents who then go on to help the author get published.  I couldn’t be more excited about my new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment