5.07.2010

Mr. Penumbra's Twenty-Four Hour Book Store by Robin Sloan



I stumbled across this short story and became completely absorbed (while I should have been working). Anyhow, it's awesome and you need to read it too. Immediately. It's a wildly imaginative and refreshingly original piece about a mysterious bookstore and how ebooks and ereaders are changing more than just the way we read.

There is something to be said about stories written about books/bookstores/book mobiles. They get me every time.

Read Mr. Penumbra's Twenty-Four Hour Book Store in it's entirety for free right here. Now.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the good read!

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I knew you would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Like you, I read it while I should have been working :) It was so easy to get into the story and imagine this ominous looking bookshop with towering bookshelves and erratic looking customers - I loved it! And it was fun to read about a bookshop - something which I enjoy to do, too! So glad to see you enjoyed it! And isn't great when you stumble across something like this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is quite fabulous! I was super excited about it. Again, I'm so happy this is making the rounds! It should be read by everyone who loves books :)

    ReplyDelete